Monday, May 13, 2013


We have now read to page 89 in THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN. A baby elephant named Ruby has been brought to The Big Top Mall. Ruby is afraid, but Stella makes her feel better and takes care of her. Ruby begins to adjust to her new surroundings and becomes more comfortable. She is full of curiousity about the world around her and is always asking questions. 
Stella's foot is hurt and infected. George, the janitor, points this out to Mack, but Mack doesn't seem too concerned. 
We have spent a lot of time getting to know these characters, but we don't really know what the main conflict or problem is yet. What do you think it's going to be?

5 comments:

  1. I've already posted my opinion on most of this, I think that Stella might have to get her leg amputated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby asks a lot of question, she's like a little sibling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author has done a good job then. I think that is what she wanted Ruby to be like - a little kid.

      Delete
  3. Ruby seems so cute. I hope Stella will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that stella will pass away and Ruby will be very sad

    ReplyDelete